Colon Cleansing Diet – Eat Your Way to Health
Thanks to a general deterioration in diet, maintaining colon health is harder than ever.
According to AskDr.Sears.com, the average American diet is high in unhealthy fats and processed foods; and low in fiber, complex carbohydrates, and plant-based foods.
Everything you eat passes through your colon, and if you’re eating the average American diet, your colon isn’t going to be very healthy.
The most common problems that result from poor colon health are constipation, excessive gas or bloating, inability to lose weight, and skin problems. More serious conditions like hemorrhoids and colon cancer are not as common, but they are a possibility.
Experts agree: the best way to regain the health of your colon is with a colon cleansing diet.
Fill Your Diet with Fiber
Fiber is hands down the best food for your colon. It helps you feel full, reduces blood sugar spikes, suppresses food cravings, promotes weight loss, and relieves constipation. Your body cannot digest fiber so this substance passes through your digestive system intact.
When there is enough undigested fiber in your system, it forms stools that are softer and bulkier. Eliminating these stools through a bowel movement does not require as much straining, which reduces the risk of hemorrhoids and tissue damage. Besides preventing constipation, a high-fiber diet also helps your body completely remove waste and toxins.
Raw fruits and vegetables are packed with fiber. You can either eat the fruits and vegetables as they are or make them into juice. Drinking juice gives your body tons of nutrients, but you don’t get quite as much fiber. Raw fruits and vegetables have more fiber, but since they’re harder to digest, your body doesn’t get as many nutrients. The best fiber-based colon cleansing diet should be a combination of raw fruits and vegetables, and raw juices.
The Foods You Should Eat
Foods with fiber should be at the top of your grocery list. You have many options to choose from and here are some of the best:
• An apple a day doesn’t just keep the doctor away. Apples are high in a type of fiber called pectin that helps eliminate waste buildups, and cleanses intestines and blood.
• One cup of avocado is 39.1% of your daily value of fiber. Avocados are also high in antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium. They protect your body from toxins and normalize blood sugar levels. Research even shows that avocados can kill per-cancerous cells.
• Grapefruit is loaded with fiber (pectin) and antioxidants that cleanse and detoxify your liver and intestines. If you don’t want to eat a whole grapefruit, you can drink 8-16 ounces of 100% grapefruit juice instead.
• A colon cleansing diet wouldn’t be complete without berries. Not only are they full of antioxidants that can eliminate toxins from your colon, berries are high in fiber. One cup of raw raspberries or blackberries has 8 grams of fiber.
• Nuts can pack quite a fiber punch. One ounce of almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, or sunflower seeds holds anywhere from 1 to 4 grams of fiber. Cashews have the least fiber and almonds have the most.
• The greener it is, the more fiber it has. Cooked beet greens, spinach, and collard greens have 4-5 grams of fiber in every cup.
Eat Your Way to Health
The best colon cleansing diet is high in fiber. It improves bowel movements, makes weight loss easier, and relieves constipation. Experts also say that by eating more fiber you can reduce the risk of colon cancer. If you aren’t getting enough fiber from the foods you eat, many natural colon cleansers have large doses of this essential substance.
Since eating the wrong foods is a major cause of colon health problems, what better way to prevent problems than by eating the right foods? It’s simple and it’s healthy.
In addition to eating a diet high in fiber, you may want to consider adding a natural colon cleanser to your health regimen to promote your digestive system and get a fresh new start.
One of the best products in the industry is Colonetix, 2-stage cleanser that will eliminate toxins and excess waste safely and effectively. You can read more about Colonetix here at this in-depth review, or order Colonetix online from Colonetix.com.