Sleep to Lose Weight
Sleep to Lose Weight: It’s a Dream Come True!
Can you really lose weight in your sleep? It sounds almost too good to be true, as if it popped right out of the late night infomercial to lull you into a false sense of security.
Oh but it isn’t.
As clinical studies grow in an ever-increasing number, experts can attest that sleep is directly linked with weight gain (or weight loss). The Journal of the American Medical Association suggests that sleep is the key for maintaining a healthy metabolism, and sleep deprivation may make it difficult to lose weight.
Sleep for a Slimmer Waistline
The hormones leptin and ghrelin are directly associated with our appetite, signaling to our brains that it’s time to eat. Sleep influences the production of these hormones, keeping them in check.
“When you don’t get enough sleep, it drives leptin levels down, which means you don’t feel as satisfied after you eat. Lack of sleep also causes ghrelin levels to rise, which means your appetite is stimulated, so you want more food,” Breus tells WebMD.
If you’ve ever pulled an all-nighter, then you’ve probably experienced the late-night munchies, craving high calorie foods to keep your body functioning. Unfortunately, for those who frequently chronically suffer from lack of sleep, these hunger hormones spiral out of control and result in weight gain.
Sleep Lost = Weight Gained
Those who sleep less, often weigh more, and a study in Standford showed that those who slept less than the recommended eight hours a night had higher levels of body fat.
Sleep loss interferes with your body’s ability to break down carbohydrates, resulting in high levels of blood sugar and the overproduction of insulin. Consequently, this vicious circle results in insulin resistance (the first step to diabetes) and the storage of body fat.
Additionally, lack of sleep can result in the following:
• Increased blood pressure
• High risk of heart disease
• Irritability, anxiety, or depression
• Lack of mental focus
Why Can’t You Sleep?
If you’re tired of feeling tired, then chances are likely that one of these reasons may be keeping you from catching a few Zzz’s:
1. Sleep Apnea: This disorder focuses on how you breathe when you’re asleep. Common in adults, Sleep Apnea is characterized by the start and stop of airflow during sleep, causing multiple awakenings throughout the night. It can even happen without your knowledge, possibly hundreds of time in those darkened hours of rest and relaxation.
2. Lower Back Pain: Being comfortable before going to bed is essential for a good night’s sleep. Lower Back Pain can keep even the most exhausted person wide-eyed and sleep deprived.
3. Depression or Anxiety: Sometimes your own mind can keep your body from getting enough sleep every night. Worrisome thoughts, fears, and similar thought patterns can keep your brain working overtime long after you’ve clocked out for the night.
Tips for A Good Night’s Sleep
By simply adjusting your sleeping habits, you can keep those late-night cravings under control and spark your metabolism to help you lose weight even while you sleep.
Following these tips will have you sawing logs in no time:
• Don’t nap right before bed
• Burn off excess energy
• Don’t eat a big meal before bedtime
• Don’t go to bed hungry
• Start a pre-sleep ritual such as a relaxing shower or book
• Make yourself comfortable
Shape Up to Sleep More
Interestingly, sleep loss and weight gain are inexplicably intertwined. Just as sleep loss can have you craving those cookies, weight gain can leave you pounding the pillow at night.
In an Australian study, more than 300 obese people with chronic sleeping problems showed a significant improvement in sleep quality after weight loss surgery, including a reduction in snoring, sleep apnea, and daytime sleepiness.
By shedding the extra pounds, you’ll be able to sleep soundly, and by sleeping soundly you’ll then be able to lose more weight – creating a positive circle for staying healthy. If you’re looking for an effective diet pill that won’t keep you up at night with harsh stimulants, you may wish to consider using Apidextra.
Apidextra is one of the best diet pills available that uses 8 clinically proven ingredients to help you boost your metabolism and suppress your appetite, helping you to keep the weight off safely and effectively. The manufacturers of this product are so confident in their fat burning formula that every purchase is backed with a guarantee, so you can rest easy.